Phillip Chalmers: 865.474.0253
Andres Mesa – Bells Investors LLC: 865.978.8388 email@example.com
Rafael Martinez Professional Tile Installation: 865.384.3230
As always, when choosing an installer, we recommend that you ask your friends and/or relatives for the name of an installer that they have been happy with. In the event you do not have a referenced tile installer we have provided the list above. A tile installers name being included on this list is not to be construed as a recommendation by Tile Sensations or any of Tile Sensations employees. It is the homeowner/builder’s responsibility to check references and compare pricing for their individual installation.
*hourly coordination charges may apply
- Items that can contribute to the uniqueness of each tile. (which we think is a good thing)
- Were the tiles glazed or painted by 2 or more different artists?
- What was the location of tile within the kiln?
- Different kiln locations result in a difference in heat, shrinkage and color variation.
- Were the tiles extruded, hand-cut or molded?
Art tile is art, with a bit of science mixed in, so please expect these unique qualities when your order arrives.
- Start by drawing a sketch of the area you want to tile. The sketch does not need to be detailed, a basic outline is all you need.
- Divide your sketch into rectangular shapes (as few as possible). This is represented in the example below by a dotted line.
- Measure the length (L) and height (H) of each rectangle your sketch is divided into.
- Calculate the area of each rectangle by multiplying the length times the height (L x H).
- Divide the result by 144 to convert it from square inches to square feet.
- Now add up all of your rectangles to find the total square foot coverage area for your project. Reference the illustration below:
One reason we prefer not to choose solely from online images is that online images are far removed from the actual look of the tile. Texture does not translate well to the flat image you see on your screen, and color can vary widely depending on the correctness of the photograph, as well as the calibration of the computer monitor. That’s two levels of separation from the actual product.
Buying tile is a complicated process. Having access to an expert showroom staff who can offer support and guidance is invaluable. Our focus is your complete satisfaction and we believe that selling to you strictly online would remove the personal approach that we are known for!
If you are unable to reach our showroom, please call 865-329-3290 and ask if there is a Tile Sensations dealer near you!